Laser cutting is the use of a focused high-power density laser beam to irradiate the workpiece to quickly melt, vaporize, ablate or reach the ignition point of the irradiated material. At the same time, the molten material is blown away by the high-speed airflow coaxial with the beam to realize the cutting of the workpiece. open. Laser cutting is one of the thermal cutting methods.
Laser cutting can be divided into four categories: laser vaporization cutting, laser melting cutting, laser oxygen cutting, and laser scribing and controlled fracture.
- ⑴ Good cutting quality: Due to the small laser spot, high energy density, and fast cutting speed, laser cutting can obtain better cutting quality.
- ⑵ High cutting efficiency: Due to the transmission characteristics of the laser, the laser cutting machine is generally equipped with multiple CNC worktables, and the entire cutting process can be fully controlled. During operation, only by changing the numerical control program, it can be applied to the cutting of parts of different shapes, which can be used for two-dimensional cutting and three-dimensional cutting.
- ⑶ Fast cutting speed: using a laser with a power of 1200W to cut 2mm thick low-carbon steel plates, the cutting speed can reach 600cm/min; for 5mm thick polypropylene resin plates, the cutting speed can reach 1200cm/min. The material does not need to be clamped and fixed during laser cutting, which not only saves tooling and fixtures, but also saves auxiliary time for loading and unloading.
- ⑷ Non-contact cutting: There is no contact between the torch and the workpiece during laser cutting, and there is no tool wear. Processing parts of different shapes does not need to change the “tool”, just change the output parameters of the laser. The laser cutting process has low noise, low vibration and no pollution.
- ⑸ There are many types of cutting materials: Compared with oxyacetylene cutting and plasma cutting, there are many types of laser cutting materials, including metal, non-metal, metal-based and non-metal-based composite materials, leather, wood, and fiber. But for different materials, due to their own thermophysical properties and different absorption rates for lasers, they show different laser cutting adaptability.
However, due to the limitation of laser power and equipment volume, online laser cutting service can only cut medium and small thickness plates and tubes, and as the thickness of the workpiece increases, the cutting speed is significantly reduced. Moreover, the equipment cost is high and the one-time investment is large.
Most laser cutting machines are controlled by CNC programs or made into cutting robots. As a precision processing method, laser cutting can cut almost all materials, including two-dimensional or three-dimensional cutting of thin metal plates.
Wonder Inc is the leading provider of china laser cutting solutions and has been advancing the application of laser technology since 1995. Research and Development efforts have resulted in numerous patents, with several pending, in our continual pursuit to develop and enhance laser systems that benefit the customer. Our R&D philosophy and execution are based upon designing highly modular solutions which gives customers the flexibility and investment protection to optimize laser systems as their business evolves.