Continuous stretching die refers to a die in which the material strip always moves in one direction during the stamping process. If the fabric strip in the die is cut and moves in two or more directions, it is called a progressive die; if the strip Feeding is realized in the mold, which is called an automatic continuous die; if it is a metal stamping material production chain with a different process of stamping dies with a robot or other automated methods, the mold or parts are moved to realize the stamping of the workpiece, which is called more Station mode.
Compared with ordinary molds, continuous stretching molds have the following characteristics:
- 1. The continuous die is a multi-task sequential punching die. In one die, it can include multiple processes such as punching, winding forming and stretching, and has very high productivity;
- 2. The continuous mold operation is safe, and the production disorder rate is reduced;
- 3. The continuous mold is easy to automate, lowering the production cost of the enterprise;
- 4. It can be produced by high-speed punching machine to improve work obedience;
- 5. It can reduce the punching machine, garden area, and reduce the transportation and stack occupation of semi-finished products;
- 6. Continuous mold production is not suitable for parts with extremely high size requirements.
The continuous die is planned based on automation. More than two sets of single-station die are arranged in the workstation with mathematical calculation skills to form a whole die. In other words, a continuous die refers to a die that can achieve two or more work stations in a punching distance on a punching machine.
The so-called automation plan refers to the placement of the cnc machining steps of each single station, so that the strip can pass through the die smoothly and correctly, and plans for the elimination of processing faults and the safety measures for the die are considered.
The materials used in continuous molds are usually coiled strips, and during the processing of the material, the excess parts on the strips are cut off step by step as they progress through the die. At the same time, in order to facilitate the processing of semi-finished products. For the purpose of transferring the strips, one or more constricted strips or semi-finished products are left to connect the processed products to one another, so that the entire strip can be sent to each work station in the mold in sequence.