The working principle and advantages of laser cutting machine may be difficult to understand, but as long as we can go with our heart, then we can better operate the laser cutting machine and understand the processing problems of the laser cutting machine. I believe that many people who don’t know about laser cutting have just heard that this processing method has the advantages of fast cutting speed, high precision, and good effect. Because they have not seen it with their own eyes, they do not know much about the advantages of word of mouth. Below we understand the accuracy of its advantages on the working principle of the laser cutting machine.
Sheet metal laser cutting uses a focused laser beam with extremely high power density (power density at the focal spot exceeds 106W/cm2) to scan the surface of the sheet metal. At this time, the heat input by the beam far exceeds the part reflected, conducted or diffused by the material , The material is quickly heated to the vaporization temperature and evaporates to form holes. With the relative movement of the light beam and the material, the holes continuously form slits with a very narrow width, and then use high-pressure gas to blow the molten or vaporized material from the slits to achieve the purpose of cutting thin plates.
1. High brightness of laser cutting processing: the brightness of solid-state laser can be as high as 1011W/cm2Sr. Not only that, after the high-brightness laser beam is focused by the lens, it can generate thousands of degrees or even tens of thousands of degrees in the vicinity of the focal point, which makes it possible to process almost all materials.
2. The high directivity of the laser: the high directivity of the laser cutting machine enables it to effectively transmit a long distance while ensuring that the focus is extremely high. These two points are important conditions for laser processing. .
3. High monochromaticity of the laser: Due to the extremely high monochromaticity of the laser, it is ensured that the beam of the laser cutting machine can be accurately focused on the focal point and a high power density can be obtained.
4. High coherence of laser: coherence mainly describes the phase relationship of various parts of light waves. It is precisely because the laser of the laser cutting machine has the singular characteristics as described above that it has been widely used in industrial processing.
The advantages of cutting laser cutting are very significant, mainly in:
1. High precision, laser cutting incision is narrow and smoother, https://cncmanufacturings.com/without rounded corners and burrs often found in mechanical cutting; heat-affected zone (in the order of 0.1mm), thermal stress and thermal deformation are all small;
2, fast speed, used for 1200WCO2 laser cutting 2mm thick low carbon steel plate, the cutting speed can reach 5m/min~6m/min;
3. High efficiency, laser cutting is non-contact processing, there is no impact force during mechanical punching, there is no wear of tools and molds, and there is no need for edge overlap during mechanical punching and blanking. The workpieces are tightly arranged, which can save 20%~ 30% of the material can be cut once and formed without subsequent processing;
4. Good flexibility, no need for knives and molds, combined with CAD/CAM technology, it can cut plates of any shape and size, especially suitable for cutting multi-variety, small-batch, and complex-shaped parts.
The above content is an introduction to the processing principles and advantages of laser cutting machines. Generally speaking, laser cutting is much better than many cutting methods in the same industry in terms of cutting metal sheets. It is caused by the processing principle of laser cutting itself. In addition, laser cutting machines also have technical advantages and disadvantages. So far, most of the domestic laser cutting machine manufacturers need to import some core components from abroad, and the German TRUMPF and Swiss Bystronic are officially two of the world’s first-class equipment. Brand.