Laser Cutting Of Stainless Steel Sheet
Laser cutting processing manufacturers believe that laser cutting technology has the following unique advantages:
- Laser processing has the advantages of high production efficiency, reliable quality, and good economic benefits.
- The workpiece in the closed container can be processed with transparent media, and the robot can perform laser processing in harsh environments or places that are difficult for others to reach.
- There is no “tool” wear during laser processing, and no “cutting force” acts on the workpiece.
- It can process various metals and non-metals, especially suitable for materials with high hardness, high brittleness and high melting point.
- The laser beam is easy to guide and focus to realize the direction change, and it is easy to cooperate with the numerical control system to process complex workpieces, which is a very flexible processing method.
- Non-contact processing has no direct influence on the workpiece, so there is no mechanical deformation, and the energy of the high-energy laser beam and its moving speed can be adjusted, so a variety of processing purposes can be achieved.
- In the laser processing process, the laser beam has high energy density, fast processing speed, and local processing, which has no or little effect on non-laser irradiated parts. Therefore, the heat-affected zone is small, the thermal deformation of the workpiece is small, and the subsequent processing volume is small.
The divergence angle of the beam can be less than 1 milliarc, the spot diameter can be as small as microns, and the action time can be as short as nanoseconds and picoseconds. At the same time, the continuous output power of high-power lasers can reach the order of kW-10kW. Therefore, the laser is suitable for both micromachining and large-scale material processing. The laser beam is easy to control, easy to combine with machinery, measurement technology and electronic computers to achieve high automation and high processing accuracy.
Categories: Plate Laser Cutting